Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not for the Squeamish

WARNING: Do not look at the following pictures if you can't handle flesh wounds and blood.

Now I'm sure with a warning like that no one will be able to resist looking at my latest test of human regeneration. "Be safe, and come back alive," the wives and loved ones said as we packed the Jeep with our snowboards. "Yeah...yeah...we'll be fine," was our response to the worried women. No pain no gain right? Besides we were men and mother nature was calling us to conquer its snowy slopes. The conditions on the mountain were cold and rainy but we still had a fun time attempting jumps and sliding across the rails in the snow park. Late in the afternoon tragedy struck as I was waiting on the slope for Ty. He came skidding to a stop, but didn't stop fast enough and his board collided into my leg. Whether it was the cold or the rain, or maybe both, the impact didn't seem to hurt and I didn't at all feel the blood start oozing from my leg. So we happily got up and snowboarded for another hour. It wasn't until I got to the car and took off my snow pants that I saw this eyeball looking flesh wound staring at me with dried blood down my leg. I went to the ski patrol and they gave me 2 gauze pads and an alcohol pad. Boy, with this top notch medical equipment I was now ready to fix a paper cut. Once we got back to Ty's house his mother-in-law helped clean and bandage things up. The guys were excited about a cool scar and the girls were maybe a little more worried. But what good is an adventure without a war wound to remember it by.


Thanks for the story Ty.
Thanks for cleaning and sterilizing your bathroom in world record time Shonda.
Thanks for your Dr. skills Sandy.

I warned you about looking. Pretty sweet though huh?

8 comments:

Hawaii Monkeys said...

ah man, glad you had fun. You're making wonder how did I get my scar on my knee...oh I just remembered...mountain biking down a hill below chip ross, on sunday when Mom said I couldn't go for a bike ride. How's guilt like that for ya? Well, hope you can bend your leg again soon...!

D.B. said...

Nice eye slit, good to see ya, hope all is well, wish i was boarding, dave

Lil Lizzie said...

you were right, the camera phone didn't do it justice! dang nasty, but secretly i think it looks pretty cool . . . haha. glad it wasn't worse!

Darrell and Amanda said...

That really looks like an eyeball!

Scott and Sarah said...

Ouch! Hope it's healing up well. Your blog is great, you definitely keep things exciting!

Dallas Graham said...

Gore. That's what
this is about, isn't?
Next time, use a
little honey to bring
that sucka back
together...

Ashley said...

hahaha wow T-low! Not bad. Not bad.

MamaBear said...

You didn't sew that up? I guess I never thought that men like to have scars.