Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Southern Way Of Life

What a great way to start a vacation. I took the red eye out on Tuesday night to Georgia. After a prolonged flight I touched down in Atlanta. I was picked up by Amber's dad and younger brother and we headed out to the North Carolina beach. Of course we didn't get far before I got my first taste of southern food at one of the many Waffle Houses that dot this area like bugs on your windshield. It took about 8 hours to get to the beach house on Emerald Isle, where Amber's family congregate every year.


In all there were about 5 families staying at beach. We had a great time! We played in the waves, body surfed, went skim boarding, played Frisbee, went for walks, looked for shells, played mini golf, and visited the third oldest town in North Carolina--Beaufort. We capped the beach trip off with parasailing!! It was a blast!

Putt putt with the kids
Welcome to Beaufort.



We found a lot of great hats on a window shopping adventure.

Up...up....and away!
Beach Fun


3 comments:

Jared said...

Let me tell ya something... I've ate at many a waffle house and they make a mean waffle! I tell you what, you better not leave that state without treating yourself to some good ole fried okra and some greasy fried chicken! Oh boy I love how those southern folk can deep fry just about anything. Ann and I think that Amber looks really pretty in those big hats and that it's a good thing you didn't become a sailor because that hat wasn't doing you any favors. Nonetheless you both look amazing together and we are pretty sure you should just get married and move to Colorado so we can be friends. We really do love you guys and hope you have fun up in Oregon. Come back out here and see us but this time try not to have the black lung when you come Amber :)

Matt, Lynette and Haley said...

Hey Travis! I hope its ok that I found your blog! Looks like you are doing well. She is super cute by the way...great job!

Hawaii Monkeys said...

travi-- good to see a few blog updates. U write so cute not to! Looks like a fun trip! I'm sure parasailing was a blast- I'd love to try that someday! And I'll have to try a waffle house sometime too- still haven't tried that one yet. :) Lucy misses her boy, so head out this way after you get married instead okay?! :)