Sunday, June 22, 2008

My attempt to be a Photographer

Here are a few pictures from my latest adventure (in American Fork Canyon at Silver Lake) that I took with my new camera. I'm still trying to play around with the different features and settings so that the pictures turn out good. Most of the pictures I took were duds but I got a few that I was pleased with. I apologize to the rest of the people with me if they got annoyed with me stopping at every bend to take a dozen pictures. I'm sorry I'm sure this will wear off in time but I'm a little obsessed right now. I'll do a posting on the adventure later. Enjoy.


My camera has a cool macro setting that I like to use.

Playing with the ISO

This is the moon coming up captured by having the shutter open for a longer time

The credit for this picture actually goes to Liz. I really like the symmetry in it.




7 comments:

Hawaii Monkeys said...

ok you bum, first I'll say I'm jealous, not of the adventure, but of your new camera! (ok, yes, the adventure too, pretty pics!!) But I've also been in the market for a camera, and I would have picked the same one.
Second, even though Mom was replacing her two broken cameras with 2 new ones, and she'll have one extra-- well, I guess I won't worry about trying to convince Mom to give it to you!! (but to me instead ;)

Ashley said...

Sweet pics Travis! You talented photographer you!

Elisabeth said...

Amazing pictures! We have a similar Canon model but you are definitely more talented using it than me, nice work :)

The 5 Wolzie's said...

These pics turned out great! Long gone are the days of just going to the store and pickign out what they have on sale! I'm sure you made a good choice! I like your new "T-Low" name on the blog header.

Shonda said...

Awesome pics! I may need you to teach me a thing or two! I'm not so up to speed with the tricks of the powershot, but it looks like you're on your way to being the powershot pro. I'm so jealous you get to see such beautiful scenery. Looks like a fun trip!

Unknown said...

cool pics Trav. makes me miss UT. I like the one of the creek. later skater

ileenb said...

You are a long way toward being an awesome photographer and you have the adventures to provide you the scenes. Beautiful . . . .