Sunday, November 4, 2007

Yo Ho...Yo Ho, a pirates life for me.

Did you know??
The archetypal pirate grunt "Arrr!" (alternatively "Rrrr!" or "Yarrr!") first appeared in the classic 1950 Disney film Treasure Island, according to research by Mark Liberman (Wikipedia)

Ever since I first wanted to go into prosthetics I imagined cool Halloween costumes I could make. Well it turned out that I wasn't the first one with the idea. When I heard that the guys at work had made a peg leg and a hook for a pirates costume I abandoned my other costume ideas and decided to take advantage of the available accessories. With my leg bent and wrapped around my body in the most awkward way possible, I slipped into the prosthetic leg socket. It was so difficult I had to get my roommates to help me dress. Not to mention walking took a little getting use to. Regardless of the uncomfortableness and the pain afterwards it was all worth it. Hope you all had a happy Halloween.


My roommate Jeff and I
Kimmy, Me, Jeff, Michelle, Suzie, & Ashley all dressed up

"This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him."
Conan O'Brien

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Man, Travis, you rock! Anyone who will put up with a little discomfort and pain for the sake of an awesome Halloweeen costume, is a 10 in my book. My girls will be jealous that you got to be a pirate for Halloween. That's what they wanted to be. They even kept saying 'aaarrr ye mateies' in their princess dresses. That made for a funny look.

The 5 Wolzie's said...

You look awesome Trav! You should win a prize!

Angie

Hawaii Monkeys said...

trav, that one photo...you look in pain, such a sad face.
Hey, now that you're a blogger I figured I'd officially initate you- you've been TAGGED! Read my blog for the how-to. luvs.

Shonda said...

Oh, is that why you are giving the camera man the bird-- because your leg is falling alseep or something. Great costume Trav!